FAQs

Why should I consider batch pasteurisation?

There are different types of pasteurisation. Commercially, large-scale producers use high temperature/short time (HTST) or UHT milk (sterilised at very high temperatures for extended shelf life). Quality milk at smaller volumes will require batch pasteurisation, LTLT (low temperature/long time) will preserve the flavour and since the milk is not homogenised, the cream is maintained at the top of the milk. This milk will also be perfect for the production of yogurt, cheese and other dairy produce.

Just as micro-breweries have brought about an explosion in quality, local beer, so too have countless farmers rejected the commercial squeeze of supermarket giants. There has been decades of constant downward pressure on the price per litre (borne by the farmer) in the pursuit of quantity and profit (for the corporate giants). Batch pasteurisation is the better option!

 


 

How do I know this is a quality product?

We have been manufacturing pasteurisers for decades, and many of ur original vessels are still operating successfully.  We learnt at the outset that what customers want and need are vessels made to the highest quality. There is a glut of low grade, cheap stainless steel

on the global market. We only buy from trusted British and Western European sources: 304 (food grade) and 316 (pharmaceutical grade) stainless.

 

See our testimonials from our satisfied customers.

 

What if I still have problems or need advice?

We have been in business since 1981 and provide aftercare via phone or email to any existing customer.  Because we manufacture, we understand and can provide support for any component that makes up our batch pasteurisers.

 

Our pasteurisers are backed by a 2 year guarantee and the motor by separate manufacturer’s 1 year warranty.

 

Click here to see our full GUARANTEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

 


 

What do you mean by “future-proof” and “interchangeable”?

For years we have heard from customers who wished their pasteuriser could do more than just make great milk.  This typically means a completely new vat component or expensive ‘mechanical surgery’.

 

We modified our existing design to allow you to easily - and affordably - convert your pasteuriser into a yogurt maker or cheese maker with the simple exchange of the stirring mechanism.

 

You no longer need separate vessels for each operation or worry if one day you decide to venture into the cheese or yogurt market.  Simply buy the correct component for your new operation, swap it out with the existing paddle and fire up the machine!

I want to modify/upgrade my machine. What do I do?

Easy- give us a call. We manufacture a variety of custom designs, including additional pH probes  for continuous monitoring, curd cutters, homogenisers etc. Bespoke sizes also available.  Please get in touch.

Do you ship outside the UK?

Yes we do, but our free shipping only applies to mainland UK.

NOTE: All pasteurisers are fully insured during transit to your location. 

Please contact us for current prices for international sales.

 

How do you take payment?

We ask for a 35% deposit in order that manufacturing can begin.  You will be notified when your batch pasteuriser has been completed and the remaining 65% balance will then become due: this payment should be made prior to despatch. 

Payment should be made by bank transfer and details will be found on our invoice. 

We accept Visa and Mastercard - for one payment only (maximum £750.00).

 

What are your lead times?

We typically take 6-8 weeks to manufacture and despatch from our factory.  A more accurate lead time will be given at time of order and receipt of your deposit.


 

Where are you based?

Our manufacturing and British operation is based in Smarden, Kent, in southern England, and has been in business since 1981.​

 

Our USA division, Batch Pasteuriser, is operated by Cheese and Yogurt Making, a dairy supply business operating out of River Vale, New Jersey since 2012.

Do I need 3 Phase electrics? 

Yes, especially for our larger pasteurisers. We can produce smaller pasteurises (200L and below) to operate on a single phase single phase electrical supply and these will be wired appropriately. Please contact us for details.